How does it work?
Atopic eczema - also called atopic dermatitis - usually starts in childhood. Genetic factors play a strong role in causing this condition, as 60% of children who have a parent with eczema will develop it themselves.
Flare-ups can be triggered in three ways:
- by psychological factors like stress
- by environmental factors like extreme temperatures
- by allergens like certain animals or food ingredients.
Although it’s more common in children, adults can have regular flare-ups, with symptoms such as inflammation, redness, itching and cracking of the skin.
If you have atopic eczema, the protective barrier of the skin is weak. It cannot produce enough fats and oils (called lipids) that are needed to retain water and keep the skin moist and flexible. A dry and cracked skin makes access for irritants and bacteria easier.
Dermalex Atopic Eczema cream is specially formulated to help relieve the symptoms of atopic eczema. Uniquely, it works in four ways:
- Moisturizes the affected skin.
- Helps replenish the missing lipids to help restore the skin’s protective barrier.
- Helps prevents irritants and allergens from entering the skin to trigger new flare-ups.
- MagneoLiteTM complex helps reduce redness and irritation
How to use it?
You can safely use Dermalex Atopic Eczema cream for as long as the symptoms persist . Both adults and children from the age of 6 years can use it.
Apply it to affected skin 2 to 3 times each day, after cleansing the area - being careful not to use it on any open wounds. A mild burning or tingling sensation is expected but should dissipate after 2-3 days. Test on small area of skin before use.
Dermalex is perfectly safe for use on your face and over large parts of your body. However, if more than 40% of your body is affected, or if you are pregnant, we advise that you see a specialist.
Please read the full instruction for use before using the product.